Sunday, February 10, 2008

Motivation!!

Sooo, today I learned a very important lesson about getting things done. To get things done quickly you just have to find what really motivates you. For example, for ages I have been meaning to make more cloth gift bags. Every time I get out my thrifted fabrics pieces and am about to cut, I hesitate. I wonder if I couldn't make something more creative and interesting with the fabric, and so I put it aside to think about. This morning I thought to myself that I really shouldn't go to the thrift store anymore until I use up the thrifted fabric that I already have. Well...snip, snip, sew, sew. Done the first batch. You can bet that there will be a lot more where these came from by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mary-Sue said...

YAY! I LOVE seeing you here!!!!! MORE HEATHER = MORE HAPPINESS in my life! HIP HIP!!!
Such a good idea to not allow yourself any more thrifting until you've used things up. Just today we had a gift to wrap and I didn't have a cloth bag to put it in. We re-use those paper ones over and over again, but I'd rather donate those to my inlaws and only use cloth ones! What I find is that I like to make my bag to fit my package -- and they only take about 5 minutes to make. I use yarn for the pull-tye. But right now I can't get into my basement to MAKE one! So would've been handy to have an assortment of sizes to try... As soon as I can get down those stairs I'm making some. Thanks!!