Sunday, June 22, 2008

Peas!!

On Friday afternoon I found one plump ripe pea pod. A quick glimpse around assured me that I was alone in the garden, safe from the eyes of E, and so I quickly tasted the first pea of the year. Delicious. Yesterday afternoon I was telling a friend about what I had done and how I had made sure not to tell E that some were almost ready. This morning he found out for himself. Sigh!! I guess that one pea was it for me for this year. Good thing I enjoyed it so thoroughly. Now the race is on - first come, first serve. Will the rest of us be quick enough to get any peas?

4 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

oh! that makes my mouth water just looking. what luscious beautiful pea plants you have!!
yum!

Mary-Sue said...

could he be encouraged to pick and share? there's nothing more my sweetP loves than to share the bounty from the garden. He gets a look on his face as he passes out strawberries and watches people's faces as they enjoy them!

Heather said...

He does do this with strawberries this year, he's been bringing some in for all of us, so maybe he will do the same with peas. It's just so hard when they are so yummy, isn't it. :-)

this is my patch said...

Fresh peas are best eaten raw straight from the pod. I haven't ever been very successful with peas, I don't get a large enough crop in my small patches. x