Monday, September 15, 2008

Huge tomatoes

I know, I know, enough with the tomatoes already, but look.
That's a quart jar. I just love these tomatoes. I only wish I knew what they were called. I looked online to see if I could find out and learned that there are quite a few different kinds of really large paste tomatoes. Why have I been growing regular Romas all these years? It makes it hard to want to grow regular Romas anymore when I can grow these ones.

Sandi, I did save some seeds for you and some of the Franchi ones too.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh...I am green with envy! My measly little tomato plants got quite the shock when it frosted over Labour Day week-end! Guess we will be investing in a greenhouse if we have any hope at all of getting such beautiful tomatoes!!

Katherine said...

They're perfect! I would love to have a garden full of these beauties, Heather. Did you think they'd like the prairie weather?

Heather said...

Hi Joanne - I frosted over labour day week-end too up there in your area too. :-)

I'm not sure about growing tomatoes on the prairies, K. I bet M-S would know. You could certainly try though, I'll give you some seeds if you like.

denise said...

Wow - those are awesome!