Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Second sock syndrome

Yesterday I finished one of my year-long socks(yes, I started them a year ago but in my defense I only knit for about 4 months each year). I actually started off knitting two at the same time so that I wouldn't have SSS but somewhere along the line I got ahead on just one of them and this is the result...
only one sock. Sigh. So...I'm posting here so that I feel motivated to get the other one done too. It is about halfway done so there is really no reason not to get going on it....except that I found a free pattern for a really nice felted handbag and I'm sure that someone in my family would love to have it for Christmas and it looks like a lot more fun to make then a second sock. ;-) Ah, I'm so good at distracting myself when I want to. :-)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That is a lovely sock, I like the blue...looks nice with jeans...it really does look lonely tho ;) I love that bag...I may have to give it a try...I like that it has a knit handle and clasp...no hardware to buy. Maybe you just need a good snow fall to get you in the mood for finishing that sock :)

Mary-Sue said...

uh oh. more projects calling to me. (the socks and the bag!!!) eeek!