Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Boymade Onion Bread

One of the things that has always been very important to me is that my boys know how to take care of themselves.  They both love to cook (and eat) and so, along with learning to grow their own food, they've also learned to prepare it.  This morning W was looking through his Country Wisdom and Know How book and decided he would make the onion bread recipe.
He has made bread in the bread machine before and made buns and bannock but I can't recall him making yeast bread completely on his own with no help before.  Off he went and sometime later he brought E and I a slice to sample.  It was really delicious!  And since we have a rule about not complaining about something someone else cooks (which is mostly followed) I didn't even say anything about the fact that he used the white flour usually reserved for pizza dough.
Happily for an ever-hungry teenage boy the recipe made enough for two loaves so he has a whole loaf left...I expect it will last for another hour or so.

3 comments:

sheila said...

Ah yes, another hour or so. I know that one.

affectioknit said...

Awesome! I need to get that book!

Ariella said...

bread looks good!!!