Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

OK, I actually found this last Friday on our way to Wasa lake but thrifty thursday just sounds nicer. ;-)
We stopped off at a huge garage sale on the side of the highway and were just quickly looking at the offerings and about to leave (we wanted to make sure we got to the campground in time to get a spot) when I saw these.  They match a set of bowls we received as a wedding gift almost exactly 18 years ago.  I was thrilled.  I've been wanting a butter dish for a few years  now - the last one I had thrifted was broken by...well, a set of butterfingers - and one can never have too many pottery honey pots can (I'm with Pooh bear on that one!).  And, we still managed to get a spot at the campground, although it was the Very Last One.

2 comments:

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

Great finds! Imagine finding ones that match your dishes! You were meant to stop at that exact time.
I'm off to check out your "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without" posts...thrifty month ahead of us!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Those are awesome! Glad you were in the right place at the right time!!